Permanent URI for this collection
Browsing Teaching Methods by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 640
Results Per Page
- Itemthe attitudes of English majors in the Palestinian universities toward teaching and their relationship with their achievement(Al-Quds University, 2003-01-14) احمد موسى الخطيب; ahmad mousa khaled khatib
- ItemAttitudes toward Using Audiovisual Aids among EFL High Basic School Teachers in Hebron(Al-Quds University, 2019-12-21) Abeer Mohammed Abd-Alkareem Jawabreh; عبير محمد عبد الكريم جوابرةThis study aimed to investigate teachers’ attitude toward using audiovisual aids while teaching EFL classes to high basic school students in Hebron. The researcher used descriptive method because it is appropriate to achieve this aim. Population of the study consists of (501) male and female EFL teachers in high primary schools in Hebron (southern and northern and middle of Hebron). The study was conducted on a random sample consists of (140) teachers with a percentage of (28%). Two instruments were conducted for the study purposes, a 35-item questionnaire, and an interview of six questions was exposed on 15 teachers from the study sample, validity of the instruments were checked by exposing them to a group of qualified educational arbitrators. Reliability of the questionnaire was calculated using reliability co-efficient equation Cronbach alpha. Results of the study showed that the attitudes toward using audiovisual aids among EFL high basic school teachers in Hebron are High, with a mean score of (4.13) and a standard deviation of (0.441). Results showed that EFL teachers in Hebron use Audiovisual aids while teaching and that they like to use them. The results clarified that teachers are aware of the importance of using audiovisual aids and its effect on students and English class in general, and that appeared on their answers on the questionnaire items. They also showed that there are no apparent significance differences for EFL teachers’ attitudes toward using audiovisual aids while teaching due to Gender and years of experience, while there are apparent significance differences due to qualification In addition, results showed that teachers use mostly pictures and audio records for listening exercises and audiovisual aids like LCD projector that allows improving more than one skill at the same time. Depends on the results, the researcher recommends the curriculum designers to insert audiovisual aids in English book activities, and to train teachers to use them effectively
- ItemThe Degree of Employing Active Learning Strategies among English Language Teachers in Bethlehem District(Al-Quds University, 2020-01-06) Raid Khader Ibiedalla Bello; رائد خضر عبيد الله بلوThe current study aims at investigating the degree of employing active learning strategies among English language teachers in Bethlehem District. The population of the study consisted of all English language teachers at basic and secondary governmental schools in Bethlehem District during the first semester of the academic year 2019/2020. The researcher selected a cluster random sample, which represented (%65) of the population of the study. It consisted of (77) male teachers and (95) female teachers. The descriptive approach was adopted to achieve the goals of the study. A questionnaire and an interview were developed to collect the data of the study. Moreover, the collected data of the study was analyzed by the (SPSS) Statistical Package for the Social Sciences to answer the questions and hypotheses of the study. The results of the study showed that the degree of employing active learning strategies among English language teachers in Bethlehem District was low. Also, there were statistically significant differences in the degree of employing active learning strategies among English language teachers in Bethlehem District due to gender in favour of female teachers. In addition, there were no statistically significant differences in the degree of employing active learning strategies among English language teachers in Bethlehem District due to academic qualification and work experience. In the light of the findings, the researcher recommends English language teachers in Bethlehem and all Palestine to employ active learning strategies in teaching the four English language skills, supervisors to support teachers in doing that and Curriculum designers and decision makers to benefit from teachers‟ feedback about size and quality of textbooks. Finally, the researcher advises other researchers to conduct more studies on the same subject using different variables in other districts in Palestine. Keywords: Degree, Employing, Active Learning Strategies, Bethlehem District.
- ItemThe Effect of Using "Six Thinking Hats Strategy" to Improve Eighth Graders’ Reading Comprehension Skills and Developing their Creative Thinking skills at UNRWA Schools(Al-Quds University, 2020-01-04) Tamara Farid Sabri Al Masri; تمارا فريد صبري المصريThe present study aimed at investigating the effect of using the Six Thinking Hats Strategy on students' development in reading comprehension skills and creative thinking skills of eighth graders. The study has been applied on a sample of 8th graders in UNRWA schools, in Jericho district in the academic year 2019/2020. The population of the study was (256) students of 8th grade (124 male) and (132 female) from Aqbat jaber girls school, Aqbat jaber boys school and Ein El Sultan school. The sample included (82) female students divided into a control group of (41), which was taught by the normal method, and an experimental group (41), which was taught by using the six thinking hats strategy. A creative thinking test and reading comprehension test were prepared. Content validity and reliability was constructed for the instruments. It was (0.852) for the reading comprehension test and (0.976) for Torrance creative thinking test. The experimental lasted two months, a pre- test and a post-test were performed using the reading comprehension test and the creative thinking test to measure the effect of using the six thinking hats strategy. The means and standard deviation, (3-way ANCOVA) test, were used in the study. The findings of the study showed that there is statistically significant difference in the effectiveness of using the Six Thinking Hats strategy in improving the reading comprehension skills of 8th graders at UNRWA schools in Jericho due to the teaching method and in favor of the experimental group. In addition, there is statistically significant difference in the effectiveness of using the Six Thinking Hats strategy in developing creative thinking among eighth graders at UNRWA schools in the Jericho due to the teaching method and in favor of the experimental group. Based on those findings, activities and exercises depending on using the six thinking hats strategy should be prepared to enable students to comprehend and to think creatively, and not to be limited to iv those that focus on information and knowledge. Special training courses and workshops for teachers should be held to apply the six thinking hats strategy.
- ItemThe Effect of Using Drama Techniques in TEFL on the Ninth Grade Student Achievement and Attitudes(Al-Quds University, 2001-07-05) Khalid Ibraheem Hammad; خالد ابراهيم حماد
- ItemThe effects of culturally-loaded texts on EFL learners reading comprehension(Al-Quds University, 2003-12-18) sahar Sami Sadeq sultan; سحر سامي صادق سلطان
- ItemEnglish Speaking Difficulties that face Medical Students at Al-Quds University from their Perspectives(Al-Quds University, 2022-01-09) Rana Mohammad Shaaban Atawneh; رنا محمد شعبان عطاونهThis study aims to investigate English language speaking difficulties that face medical profession students at Al-Quds University from their perspective. The researcher used the descriptive method. A questionnaire was distributed to (102) junior undergraduate students in Faculty of Public Health at Al-Quds University. The questionnaire includes 26 items divided into 4 domains(Psychological Domain, Instructor Domain, Social domain, and Linguistic Domain). The researcher has reached into results that justified the hypotheses. The results show that most speaking difficulties that face medical students are due for all the domains of speaking problems ,especially to social domain that attributed to the lack of opportunities in meeting native speakers of the English language , lack of a chance to speak in the English outside the classroom, Over -crowded classes and feeling afraid when speaking English. The results also indicate that there are statistically significant differences at level (α≤0.05) attributed to the variable of specialization, where pharmacy is mostly affected than other specialization in English language speaking skill. On the bass of the main findings the researcher stated a number of recommendations: Increasing students' confidence by having them participate in discussions and presentations in English, encouraging instructors to use a variety of methods, encouraging universities and health science colleges to form partnerships with overseas universities, increasing Intensive college English subjects that improve vocabulary and grammar, training instructors and encouraging them to reinforce pharmacy students to use English as a second language.
- ItemEnglish teacher's attitudes toward teaching reading in Bethlehem District(Al-Quds University, 2008-01-26) Ola Rishmawi; علا رشماوي
- ItemEnglish Teachers' Perspectives about The Speaking Difficulties Facing 10th Graders in Hebron Governorate(Al-Quds University, 2021-11-21) Raheeq nabeel Mohammad Attal; رحيق نبيل محمد العتالThe aim of the present study is to identify the perceptions of English teachers about the speaking difficulties facing 10th graders at the governmental schools in the southern Hebron governorate. Moreover, the study was applied during the second semester of the academic year (2020-2021) at the governmental schools in the southern Hebron Governorate. The researcher used the descriptive method for the purpose of the study. The researcher used the questionnaire as an instrument to collect the data. The questionnaire was handed in to the English teachers. Through the questionnaire, the data was collected and processed by using means, standard deviations, frequencies, percentages, t-test, one-way ANOVA, Person Correlation which was (.74), and Cronbach's Alpha by using SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences). The population of the study consisted of all English language teachers in the southern Hebron Governorate, including (448) male and female teachers. The sample included 141 male and female teachers. The results of the study showed that there were no statistically significant differences between teachers' gender male and female, Also, there were no statistically significant differences between teachers due to the academic qualifications while, there were statistically significant differences between teachers due to the years of experiences for the sake of teachers with (5-10) years experiences and those with more than ten years experiences. الهدف من هذه الدراسة هو التعرف على تصورات معلمي اللغة الإنجليزية حول صعوبات المحادثة التي تواجه طلبة الصف العاشر في المدارس الحكومية في محافظة جنوب الخليل.علاوة على ذلك، تم تطبيق الدراسة خلال الفصل الدراسي الثاني من العام الدراسي (2020-2021) في المدارس الحكومية في محافظة جنوب الخليل.استخدمت الباحثة المنهج الوصفي لغرض الدراسة،و استخدمتواستخدمتايضاالاستبانةكأداةلجمعالبيانات. تمتسليمالاستبانة لمعلمي اللغة الإنجليزية. من خلال الاستبانة،تمجمعالبياناتومعالجتهاباستخدام الوسط الحسابي،والانحرافاتوالانحرافاتالمعيارية،والتكرارات، والنسب المئوية، واختبار t،وأنوفاالاحادي ,الاحادي،كرونباخألفا،ومعامل بيرسون الذي كان ( .(.74) باستخدامSPSS (الحزمة الإحصائية للعلومالاجتماعية). تكون مجتمع الدراسة من جميع معلمي اللغة الإنجليزية في محافظة جنوب الخليل، بما في ذلك (448) معلمًا ومعلمة. وشملت العينة 141 معلماً ومعلمة. أظهرت نتائج الدراسة عدم وجود فروق ذات دلالة إحصائية بين جنس المعلمين ذكر و أنثىوأنثى، كما لا توجد فروق ذات دلالة إحصائية بينالمعلمين تعزى للمؤهلات العلمية، بينما توجد فروق ذات دلالة إحصائية بين المعلمين تعزى إلى وجود فروق ذات دلالة إحصائية بين المعلمين الذين لديهم خبرة من (5-10) سنوات ومن لديهم خبرة تزيد عن عشر سنوات.
- ItemEvaluation of English for Palestine Textbooks and English Language Examination in light of Common European framework of References for Languages (CEFRL)(Al-Quds University, 2021-01-03) Haneen Mohammed Abd Khora; حنين محمد عبد الوهاب خورةThis study aimed at identifying the degree of alignment between English for Palestine textbook tasks, its intended objectives, and teachers’ exams in the light of (CEFRL). To achieve this purpose and to answer the research questions, the researcher adopted a descriptive analytical method and chose a sample consisted of 10th grade English for Palestine textbook. The sample consists of 55 midterm and final exams for 10th grade. A sample of 10 English language teachers was selected randomly to answer the structured interview. The researcher utilized two main instruments; a framework for the analysis of the tasks included in 10th grade English for Palestine textbook, and a structured interview. It has been applied to monitor the recurrence of task skills and objectives, and then calculates the alignment between the two elements using Porter’s alignment Index. To determine the reliability of the instruments, Holsti's Equation was used. Frequencies and Porter Alignment Index were used to analyze the collected data . The major findings of the study revealed that most textbook tasks were A2 level; the highest tasks were reading and writing tasks. Teachers’ exams were at the A2 level with high concentration on reading and writing skills. Results showed that most of exams excluded speaking and listening. There is a low alignment between 10th grade textbook tasks and the objectives intended to be achieved by the end of 10th grade. Moreover, there is moderate alignment between textbook tasks and exams. The application level of Bloom’s taxonomy has the highest percentage; however, the evaluation level does not achieve any score. Based on the previous findings, the study recommends that textbook designers should reconsider the nature of the tasks in the English language textbook to align them with the objectives of the textbook. They also need to design training courses for teachers on the development of exams so that they are aligned with the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFRL), and achieve a stated balanced distribution for each skill
- ItemThe Inclusion of the 21st Century Skills in English Palestinian Textbooks for the Upper Primary Stage(Al-Quds University, 2022-08-31) Naqa' Nasser Mohammad Nassar; نقاء ناصر محمد نصارهدفت هذه الدراسة إلى التعرف على مدى تضمين مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين، وتدرج مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية. إضافة الى معرفة تسلسل مهارات اللغة الإنجليزية الأربعة وفقاً لتمثيلها في الكتب المدرسية. استخدمت الباحثة المنهج الوصفي التحليلي. وتبنت إطارا لتحليل المحتوى وطورته بما يتناسب مع دراستها حيث تكون من (30) مؤشراً، مقسمة إلى (4) محاور رئيسية، وهي التفكير الإبداعي، والتفكير النقدي، والتواصل، والتعاون. تألف مجتمع الدراسة من كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين. وتكونت عينة الدراسة من كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية للصفوف الأساسية الخامس والسابع والتاسع بفصليهما الأول والثاني للعام الدراسي 2021-2022)). أظهرت نتائج الدراسة انخفاضاً في درجة تضمين مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية في فلسطين. وأظهرت نتائج الدراسة أن مهارات الاتصال جاءت في المقدمة بنسبة %37.73، فيما احتلت مهارة التفكير الناقد المرتبة الثانية بنسبة 30.08 % وحصلت مهارة التعاون على المركز الثالث بنسبة 19.09%. واحتلت مهارة الإبداع المرتبة الأخيرة بنسبة %13.09. كما أظهرت النتائج أن النسب المئوية والتكرارات غير متدرجة في محتوى الصفوف الخامس والسابع والتاسع الأساسية. و أن مهارة المحادثة هي المهارة الأكثر هيمنة في عرض مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين، والكتابة تأتي في المرتبة الثانية، والاستماع يأتي في المرتبة الثالثة، والقراءة تأتي في المرتبة النهائية. أوصت الدراسة بأن تدرج وزارة التربية والتعليم مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في جميع مكونات كتب اللغة الإنجليزية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين. وضرورة عمل المعلمين على تعويض عدم الاتزان في مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين المعروضة من خلال طرق التدريس المختلفة ووسائل التقويم الحقيقي. كما توصي الدراسة الدراسات المستقبلية في هذا المجال أن تولي تدرج مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في الكتب وطرق تطوير دمج هذه المهارات في المناهج الدراسية أهمية خاصة في البحث العلمي.
- ItemThe Language Learning Styles of Palestinian Foreign Language Learners at the10 Grade(Al-Quds University, 1999-06-19) Majida Mohammed Dajani; ماجدة محمد دجاني
- ItemPPU Business Learners' Degree of Satisfaction Toward Terminology in the English for Business Curriculum and the Difficulties they Encounter(Al-Quds University, 2019-12-21) Raesa Ishaq Ibrahem Natsheh; رئيسة اسحق ابراهيم نتشةThis study aimed at investigating the PPU business learners' degree of satisfaction toward terminology in the English for Business Curriculum and the difficulties they encounter. The study also aimed to determine the role of the variables (gender, academic year, and achievement level) of students in the department of administrative science at PPU. The study adopted the descriptive method in order to achieve the aim of the study. The population of the study consisted of (212) students who completed the ‘English for Business’ course in the first semester of (2019/2020). It was applied to a random sample which included (108) students. The researcher prepared a student’s questionnaire and an interview. Validity and reliability were calculated for the two instruments. The validity of the instruments was evaluated by experts and professionals as well as their reliability using the calculation of the equation Cronbach alpha for the questionnaire in which the score of the first variable (0.93) was and the second variable (0.81). The reliability of the interview was applied by Cooper formula. Data were collected, analyzed, and interpreted by the means and standard deviations, One way ANOVA, Independent T-test and LSD. The results of the study revealed the importance of English business terminology for administrative science students in addition to their need for all language skills, especially effective conversation from their point of view. Also, the findings of the questionnaire showed that there were no statistically significant differences in the responses of students attributed to gender and achievement level variables. However, there were differences attributed to the academic year variable in favor of the second year. The results of the interview revealed the need to integrate the English business terminology with the four skills, grammar, and vocabulary in using the English language in the courses of administrative and business at the college. Based on those findings, the researcher recommended a two-part ESP approach for business that focuses on the practical use of vocabulary and makes successful conversation of the English language. The researcher recommended that more attention should be paid to the time allocated to the course in addition to providing several teaching strategies based on a variety of activities that integrate the four skills. The researcher also recommended that specialized courses to be proposed to improve the level of English language proficiency for business in use for students to communicate effectively and fluently in various situations.
- ItemProblems Facing EFL Students in Practicum Courses at Palestinian Universities(Al-Quds University, 2019-12-23) Wessal Rasmi Shaheen Jaradat; وصال رسمي شاهين جراداتThis study aims at identifying problems facing EFL students in practicum courses at Palestinian universities. The population of the study consisted of all EFL students in practicum courses at Palestinian universities. The study adopted the descriptive method. It was applied on a proportional stratified random sample which consisted of EFL students in practicum courses in the second semester of the academic year (2018-2019) students' sample consisted of (25) male and (117) female. The researcher designed a questionnaire and a semi-structured interview. Validity and reliability were calculated for the two instruments of the study. The questionnaire consisted of six domains with (56) items. The selected five universities were Hebron university, Bethlehem university, AN-Najah national university, Birzeit University and Al-Quds Open University. The variables of the study were gender, cumulative average and university. The results of the study showed that the total degree of the problems facing EFL students during their practicum courses at Palestinian universities were medium. They also showed that there were no statistically significant differences between the mean scores of the subjects' responses on the problems facing EFL students in practicum courses at Palestinian universities due to gender, cumulative average or university. The results also showed that there were statically significant differences at (α≤ 0.05) in the mean scores of the problems facing EFL students in the practicum courses due to the university regarding problems related to the academic supervisor, so the H03 hypothesis of this domain is rejected. In light of the study results, the researcher has concluded some recommendations. Keywords: Academic supervisor, cooperative teacher, cooperating school, practicum, student teacher.
- ItemThe Relationship Among Test-Anxiety, Attitudes Toward the English Language and Achievement Among UNRWA College Students (Men And Women) at Ramallah District(Al-Quds University, 2000-12-10) Widad Mohammed Mousa; وداد محمد موسى
- ItemTeaching speaking and the problems facing students of the 9th and 11 grade from the teacher's perspectives(Al-Quds University, 2012-12-15) Lubna Dawoud Abu Turki; لبنى داوود ابو تركي
- ItemTesting the Cooperative Learning Method for Improving the German Language Teaching and Learning Process at Talitha Kumi School in Beit Jala, Palestine(Al-Quds University, 2022-01-03) Shireen Nabil Anton Atik; شرين نبيل أنطون عتيقThe German language has been taught in TalithaKumiSchool as a foreign language for several years. However, TalithaKumi students still struggle to use German fluently and correctly. The purpose of this study is to determine whether the students’ poor language skills are due to the teaching and learning method used in teaching German in this institution. This study also introduces a new teaching method known as the cooperative teaching and learning method to determine its effectiveness in the acquisition of German as a foreign language. Furthermore, the study seeks to address the effectiveness of the cooperative teaching and learning method as compared to the traditional teaching method in the learning and teaching of German language in TalithaKumi School. Moreover, it seeks to answer the question: Which of these two methods has a positive effect on the performance of the pupils in German language? At the end of the study, the method that yielded better test results will be adopted by the school as the new teaching and learning method of the German language. Previous research on the effectiveness of the cooperative teaching method has shown that the performance of the students in different subjects has improved as compared to when taught using the traditional teaching method. However, this was seen to be effective when used to teach scientific subjects and therefore, this study aims to determine whether the same results will be seen in teaching languages and in this case, German as a foreign language. In this study, the researcher used pupils in fifth grade as the experimental sample. The sample was divided into two groups. One group was taught using the new cooperative teaching and learning method while the other group was taught using the traditional method. At the end of the experiment, the two groups of pupils sat the same examination, and their test scores were analyzed in relation to the test scores of the previous exam. It was noted that the performance of the pupils who were taught using the cooperative method improved significantly, while those who were taught using the traditional method still lagged. يتم تعليم اللغة الألمانية كلُغة أجنبية في طاليثا قومي منذ سنوات عديدة، ومع ذلك فإن التحدي لإتقان اللغة الألمانية وتكلُمها بطلاقة لا يزال قائما لدى طلابها. تهدف هذه الدراسة لفحص ما اذا كان الضعف القائم لدى الطلاب في مهاراتهم اللغوية سببه الأسلوب المُستخدم في تعليم اللغة الألمانية في هذه المدرسة. كما تعرض هذه الدراسة أسلوب التعلم التعاوني وتختبر كفاءته في تعليم واكتساب اللغة الالمانية كلُغة أجنبية. بالإضافة لذلك تسعى هذه الدراسة للبحث في كفاءة أسلوب التعلُّم التعاوني مقارنة بأسلوب التعليم التقليدي، حيث ستُجيب هذه الدراسة على هذا السؤال: أي من هذين الأسلوبين له تأثير ايجابي اكبر على أداء الطلاب في اللغة الالمانية؟ وفي نهاية هذه الدراسة سيتم تبني الأسلوب الذي ثبت نجاحه وحقق معدلات أعلى في تعلم اللغة الالمانية في المدرسة وبالطبع اعتماده بشكل رئيسي في تدريس اللغة. اثبتت الدراسات السابقة كفاءة التعلُم التعاوني في تحسين أداء الطلاب في مختلف المواد الدراسية مقارنة بالاسلوب التقليدي، حيث لوحظ أن هذا الاسلوب ناجح في تعلم المواد العلمية على وجه التحديد ولهذا السبب تهدف هذه الدراسة لتحديد ما اذا كان هذا الاسلوب قادرا على تحقيق نفس النتائج في تعلم اللغات ايضا وعلى وجه الخصوص في اللغة الألمانية. استخدم الباحث في هذه الدراسة طلاب الصف الخامس كعينه تجريبية وقسمها لمجموعتين: الأولى تم تدريسها باستخدام اسلوب التعلُّم التعاوني بينما تم استخدام الأسلوب التقليدي مع المجموعة الثانية وفي نهاية التجربة تقدمت كلا المجموعتان لإمتحان موحد وحُللت نتائج الاختبار وقورنت بنتائج الإمتحان الموحد السابق الذي خضع له الطلاب قبل البدء بالتجربة. بناء على ما سبق كانت النتيجة النهائية أن أداء الطلاب اللذين تعلموا اللغة الالمانية باستخدام اسلوب التعلُم التعاوني تحسن بشكل ملحوظ في حين لم يُحرز الطلاب اللذين تعلموا بالأسلوب التقليدي تقدما كبيرا في أداءهم كاللذي شهدناه في أسلوب التعلم التعاوني.
- ItemThe Actual Use of English Language Teachers For the Educational Aids in Hebron Governorate and its Relation to their Knowledge of Brain-Based Learning(Al-Quds University, 2021-07-17) Ahmad Jamil Ahmad Abukhiran; أحمد جميل أحمد أبو خيرانThis study aimed to identify the reality of using educational aids by teachers of English in the Hebron Governorate and its relationship to their knowledge of brain-based learning. The researcher adopted the descriptive-analytical method, as it is suitable for this study. The study population consisted of all teachers of English in the Directorate of Hebron Governorate, where the researcher applied the study electronically via Google forms by sending the electronic link of the questionnaire to all members of the study community. The researcher retrieved (168) valid questionnaires for statistical treatment, including (104) male and (64) female teachers. To achieve the objectives of the study, the researcher prepared a questionnaire consisting of two instruments: the first instrument to measure "the reality of using educational aids by in Hebron Governorate". It consists of (33) items divided into three domains: (educational aids preparation, using educational aids, evaluation). The second instrument to measure "the level of knowledge of teachers of English in brain-based learning in the Hebron Governorate" that consists of (21) items. The validity and reliability of the questionnaire were verified and applied to the actual study sample. Then, the retrieved questionnaire forms were processed through the SPSS statistical packages. The results of the study have shown that the degree of using the educational aids by teachers of English is high, with a mean of (3.99 out of 5). The results also have shown that there were statistically significant differences between the means of the responses of the study sample about the reality of using educational aids according to (gender, years of experience, district) variables and there were no statistically significant differences between the means of the responses of the study sample about the reality of using educational aids according to the academic qualification variable. Besides, the level of knowledge of teachers of English in brain-based learning is high, as it reached a mean of (2.65 out of 3). The results revealed that there were statistically significant differences between the arithmetic averages of the responses of the study sample about the knowledge of brain-based learning according to the variables of (gender, years of experience, directorate), and there were no statistically significant differences between the means of the responses of the study sample about the level of knowledge of brain-based learning according to the degree variable. Finally, the results of the study have also shown the existence of a direct, statistically significant, correlation between the reality of using teaching aids teachers of English, and their level of knowledge of brain-based learning.
- ItemThe Impact of Using Styles- and Strategies - Based Instruction (SSBI) on the Al-Quds University Students‟ Achievement in Language skills, and their Motivation towards Learning French(Al-Quds University, 2021-09-07) Yacoub Mecheal Khader Thiab; يعقوب ميخائيل خضر ذيابThis study looked into the Impact of Using Styles- and Strategies - Based Instruction (SSBI) on the Al-Quds University Students’ Achievement in language skills,. It also investigated their Motivation towards learning French. A total of (21) students where subjects to this study. Subjects of the study were divided into two groups; a control group with (11) students, and an experimental group of (10) students. A motivation questionnaire was developed to measure students’ motivation towards French Language, as well as two other questionnaires one to measure students’ Learning Styles and one to measure Students’ Language Learning Strategies. Pre- and Posttest were developed to measure the students’ achievement in French Language. Results of the study revealed that there was the statistically significant differences in the mean scores of the achievement test in learning French Language between students at Al-Quds University, attributed to the teaching method, are in favor of the experimental group, and the level of pre-achievement is in favor of students whose pre-achievement was high. Results showed that there were no statistically significant differences in the mean scores of motivation towards learning French language for students of Al-Quds University ascribed to method of teaching, pre-achievement and the interaction between them. Results attributed to Learning Styles of the students revealed that Learning styles such as open, leveler, inductive and literal learning Styles are the weakest styles used by learners, whereas the most employed styles reflective, field- independent, Closure- oriented and Random-intuitive followed by metaphoric, impulsive, sharpener, synthesizing, Concrete-Sequential and Introverted. The study showed also that Learning Strategies used by subjects of the study to learn new vocabulary, listening to a conversation in the target language and understanding vocabulary and grammatical structure strategies were used at a lower rate than increasing exposure to the target language, to be familiar to the sounds of this target language and translation strategies. Recommendations for Researchers to perform more studies about related topics to this study, for teachers to adopt and apply some of the technics used in this study were proposed at the end of this study.
- ItemThe Inclusion of the 21st Century Skills in English Palestinian Textbooks for the Upper Primary Stage(Al-Quds university , 2022-08-01) Naqa' Nasser Mohammad NassarThis study aimed at identifying the skills of the 21st century included in the English textbooks for the upper primary stage in Palestine. It also aimed at checking the gradient of 21st century skills in the English for Palestine textbooks. Moreover, it aimed at finding out the sequences of the four English skills representation according to 4Cs' in the English for Palestine textbooks. In order to carry out the research, the researcher used the descriptive analytical approach. The researcher developed a content analysis framework consisting of (30) indicators, divided into (4) main aspects (4 Cs'), which are creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration. As for the study population, it is the English for Palestine textbooks for upper primary stage. The Sample of the study consisted of the English for Palestine textbooks of the 5th, 7th, and 9th primary grades at their both levels for the scholastic year 2021-2022. The results of the study showed a low degree of inclusion of the 21st century skills in English for Palestine textbooks. The findings of study demonstrated that skills of communication came at the top with a percentage of 35.98%, while critical thinking occupied the second place with the percentage 30.28%, collaboration obtained the third place with 20.27%; however, creativity occupied the fourth place with 13.45%. Additionally, the results showed that the percentages and frequencies of 4 Cs' are not graded in the content of the 5th, 7th and 9th grades. They also showed that speaking is the most dominant skill in the presentation of the 21st century skill in English for Palestine textbooks for upper stage, writing comes in the second place, listening is the third, while reading comes last in the fourth place. The study recommended to the necessity that the Ministry of Education (MoE) should include the 21st century skills in all components of the English for Palestine textbooks for the upper basic stage. In addition, teachers should compensate for the imbalance in the lack of the availability of the 21st century skills through various teaching methods and authentic assessment means. New studies should study the gradient of the 21st century skills in books, and propose ways to develop the integration of these skills into the curriculum. هدفت هذه الدراسة إلى التعرف على مدى تضمين مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين، وتدرج مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية. إضافة الى معرفة تسلسل مهارات اللغة الإنجليزية الأربعة وفقاً لتمثيلها في الكتب المدرسية. استخدمت الباحثة المنهج الوصفي التحليلي. وتبنت إطارا لتحليل المحتوى وطورته بما يتناسب مع دراستها حيث تكون من (30) مؤشراً، مقسمة إلى (4) محاور رئيسية، وهي التفكير الإبداعي، والتفكير النقدي، والتواصل، والتعاون. تألف مجتمع الدراسة من كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين. وتكونت عينة الدراسة من كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية للصفوف الأساسية الخامس والسابع والتاسع بفصليهما الأول والثاني للعام الدراسي 2021-2022)). أظهرت نتائج الدراسة انخفاضاً في درجة تضمين مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية المدرسية في فلسطين. وأظهرت نتائج الدراسة أن مهارات الاتصال جاءت في المقدمة بنسبة %37.73، فيما احتلت مهارة التفكير الناقد المرتبة الثانية بنسبة 30.08 % وحصلت مهارة التعاون على المركز الثالث بنسبة 19.09%. واحتلت مهارة الإبداع المرتبة الأخيرة بنسبة %13.09. كما أظهرت النتائج أن النسب المئوية والتكرارات غير متدرجة في محتوى الصفوف الخامس والسابع والتاسع الأساسية. و أن مهارة المحادثة هي المهارة الأكثر هيمنة في عرض مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في كتب اللغة الإنجليزية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين، والكتابة تأتي في المرتبة الثانية، والاستماع يأتي في المرتبة الثالثة، والقراءة تأتي في المرتبة النهائية. أوصت الدراسة بأن تدرج وزارة التربية والتعليم مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في جميع مكونات كتب اللغة الإنجليزية للمرحلة الأساسية العليا في فلسطين. وضرورة عمل المعلمين على تعويض عدم الاتزان في مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين المعروضة من خلال طرق التدريس المختلفة ووسائل التقويم الحقيقي. كما توصي الدراسة الدراسات المستقبلية في هذا المجال أن تولي تدرج مهارات القرن الحادي والعشرين في الكتب وطرق تطوير دمج هذه المهارات في المناهج الدراسية أهمية خاصة في البحث العلمي.