AQU Palestinian-German Science Bridge PGSB Projects
The Palestinian-German Science Bridge is a pilot project financed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research BMBF and implemented jointly by Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH and Palestinian Academy for Science and Technology PALAST to develop a joint research and education programme.
It provides the most brilliant science and technology graduates from Palestinian universities with access to state-of-the-art equipment for the experimental part of their Master thesis and the possibility to follow-up with a PhD thesis project in Jülich. After successful completion, PGSB alumni are expected to return to a Palestinian university to establish their own research groups in science and technology, contribute to the development of new PhD programmes there, and thus create the nucleus of a Palestinian science and technology infrastructure.
- Provide access for Palestinian students to Jülich’s scientific infrastructure
- Assist Jülich in recruiting the brightest students from Palestinian universities for Bachelor, Master and PhD projects
- Transfer knowledge to Palestinian universities in the development of Graduate and Research Programmes
- Facilitate the mobility and exchange of students and academics in both directions
- Give highly qualified and motivated Palestinian scientists a perspective for adequate career opportunities – in Palestine, Germany, or worldwide.
- Support the peace-making efforts of both countries in the area
- Continued cooperation with returning PGSB alumni as they establish their own research groups and set up PhD programmes at Palestinian universities.
Establish critical mass to create a nucleus for the development of a national science and technology infrastructure in Palestine.
Collections in this community
RM03-17: Neuroimaging using Magnetoencephalography (MEG) – Cross-cultural exploration of Chronodisruption and Depression The objective of the present study is to: (1) determine the association of chronotype and chrono-disruption against diverse health factors for the Palestinian and German population, (2) investigate chronotype as a potential ...
Scientific goals of the collaboration: Optimization of the properties of magnetocaloric materials through doping; Direct measurements of the temperature change of magnetocaloric materials through measurements in high ...
The ultimate scientific goal is to establish a direct verification of T-symmetry breaking – up to now TRI-violation has only been achieved indirectly (via electroweak CP-violation, assuming the CPT theorem). The motivation ...
Lithium ion batteries with typical liquid electrolytes, suffer from safety issues caused by the flammable liquid. All-solid-state batteries with a thin incombustible inorganic solid electrolyte represent an alternative ...
RM20-18: Synthesis of novel fluorescent Cisplatin(IV) prodrug derivatives and their delivery by fusogenic liposomes as nanocarriers into cancer cells The long-term goal of this scientific collaboration is the education and training of the next generation of scientists by disseminating knowledge about modern pharmacology and biomedical research to students at the ...
The AQU leadership seeks appropriate possibilities to train its best academic and administrative cadres to gain the necessary knowledge and expertise in research management. The aim of such training is to provide selected ...