Now showing 1 - 5 of 8
- ItemA Survey about Helicobacter Pylori Infection among Palestinians in Hebron(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Ruba Awawdeh; Besan Abo-saif; Sara Fanoun; Rozan AttiliBackground: Helicobacter pylori is the most important cause for chronic or atrophic gastritis, peptic ulcer, gastric lymphoma and gastric carcinoma. It is a gram-negative spiral-shaped bacterium that affects up to 50% of the population worldwide, with a higher prevalence in developing or poor Countries.
- ItemKnowledge and Attitude Toward Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation among Al-Quds University Students(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Bayan Izhiman; Zainab Qasem; Duha Eid; Raghad Tamimi; Ibrahim GhannamBackground: Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) is a life-saving procedure for individuals suffering from sickle cell anemia, hematologic malignancies, and immunological disorders. However, the probability of finding a well-matched donor within the family ranges between 25% and 30%. The best donor is a fully matched human leukocyte antigen (HLA) sibling. For other patients who do not have a matched family member, transplantation from an unrelated volunteer donor may be an option.
- ItemKnowledge, Attitude and Practice of Students toward Blood Donation in AlQuds University(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Maysam abd-Aljaber Khateeb; Zina Omar Sbeih; Jawaher Alaa Shojaeia; Ibrahim GhannamBackground: Donating blood is a vital part of healthcare around the world. Regarding blood transfusion as a life-sustaining and life-saving procedure, this study aimed to determine the knowledge, attitude, and practice of blood donation among university students. Objectives: Evaluating the awareness of Al-Quds University students about the blood donation process and finding out the extent of its demand.
- ItemObservation of Thrombophilia Testing Panel among Hebron Population(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Raghad Al-Shareef; Dania Ewadeh; Mariam Shehada; Ahmad Salhab; Mohamad Sleimeih; Ashraf Abdeen; Rozan AttiliBackground: Thrombophilia is abnormal blood coagulation that leads to an increased risk of blood tendency to clot. Genetic factors tested as a whole panel consist of seven genetic abnormalities: Factor V Leiden, Factor V, Prothrombin (Factor II), Beta Fibrinogen, Factor 8, MTHFR (C677T), MTHFR (A1298C), and four risk factors: Human Platelet Antigen, Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), Glycoprotein IIIa (GP IIIa) and Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 (PAI-1). In some cases protein c, protein s and Antithrombin may be added.
- ItemPrevalence and Pattern of Antibiotic Resistance of Staphylococcus Aureus Isolated from Non-nosocomial Environment(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Hanan Atari; Baraa Shakarnah; Ibrahim GhannamBackground: Different studies indicate that Staphylococcus aureus is a common bacterium that causes an infection that led to different diseases such as pneumonia and sepsis, a mutation developed from it called Methicillin-resistance staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and its treatment is limited by a few antibiotics.