Browsing Vol 3 No.1 by Issue Date
Now showing 1 - 20 of 66
Results Per Page
- ItemBehavioral and Social Determinants of Early Childhood Caries among Palestinian Preschoolers in Jerusalem area: A Cross-sectional Study(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 0011-05-22) Saif Amer; Elham KateebBackground: Early Childhood Caries (ECC) is a public health problem that is influenced by biological, behavioural, psychosocial, and economic determinants predisposed by children’s environment.
- ItemThe Correlation between Physical Activity (or Being Physically Active) and Pain, Activities of Daily Living, and Participation among Postpartum Women Who Underwent Cesarean Delivery(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Georgina Rizqallah; Hadeel Raya; Marwa Issa; Sawsan Aliyan; Mayra Handal; Alice Mattar; Manar JaberBackground: During Post C-Section, postpartum women's experience a decline in the physical activity (PA) level due to insufficient pain control or excessive sedation, Pre and postpartum complications can be increased in the physically inactive women that may interfere with their daily activities and participation and with their quality of life. Thus, efficient strategies to increase or maintain PA level in the pre and postpartum period are warranted.
- Itemالمعوقات التي تواجه األطفال ثنائيي اللغة من وجهة نظر أولياء أمورهم(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) مريم طهبوب الاموي; بعاد الخالصالخلفية: تعد مرحلة الطفولة المبكرة من أهم وأخطر المراحل التي يمر بها اإلنسان، ففيها تتشكل مالمح شخصيته الأولى، وتتحدد اتجاهاته وميوله، وفيها يكتسب من الخبرات والمعارف ما يالزمه حتى آخر حياته. ولهذا السبب تلقى هذه المرحلة اهتماما كبيرا، كل هذا في سبيل توفير وسط مالئم للطفل، ينمو فيه بشكل متوازن من النواحي الجسدية والعاطفية والعقلية والاجتماعية والأخلاقية. (جرادات،1979؛ خطايبة، 2017).
- ItemFarmer Workers and Pesticide: Knowledge, Impact on Health, and Precautionary Measures. A Descriptive Study From Gaza(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Mariam Al Reefi; Ansam Salah Al-Ghmri; Mona Abdelhafed Abo Amra; Sara Essam Shaheen; Mariam Al Reefi; Khalid Jamal Khadoura; Assma Abu GhaliBackground: Pesticides are used in agriculture in an unsafe and indiscriminate manner, posing a serious threat to the environment and human health. The aim of this study was to assess knowledge, attitude, impact on health, and precautionary measures toward pesticides among a sample of farmworkers in Gaza.
- ItemThe Spatial and Geographical Transition of Arab Palestinian Lands to Jewish- Israeli National Lands & the Gradual Construction of an Israeli Legal Geography: From de facto Land Expropriation to de jure Land Expropriation(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Shadin Nassar; Jana LozanoskaBackground: Israeli territorial expansionism interlinked with territorial claims to historic Palestine shifted the aspirations for the establishment of a viable Palestinian state in historic Palestine towards a designated territory under the 1947 UN Partition Plan, which is constantly shrinking. The circumvention of the legal system to employ strategies for territorial gains and to counter the demographic majority of Palestinians conveys the settler-colonial ambitions of Israel to create an ethnic Jewish state in historic Palestine corresponding with the aspirations of the Zionist movement.
- ItemEffectiveness of Using Online Technology Training Program for Post-Stroke Patients Rehabilitation(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Bara’ah Eyad Ali; Marah Husam Al-Najar; Samia Othman Abu Herbed; Rola Mohammad Omar; Mohammad KraizemBackground: The high incidence of stroke makes it one of the most important causes of adult disability, it also causes sensory, motor, cognitive, and visual impairments and restricts performance of activities of daily living. In the field of post-stroke rehabilitation, an innovative online technology training program has been widely used in post-stroke rehabilitation, whose effectiveness and safety have been widely verified. To date, however, there are few studies evaluating the effect of immersive online technology training program on post-stroke rehabilitation. This study outlines the application efficacy of immersive online technology training program rehabilitation of stroke patients at home. Objectives: The aim of this study was to perform a meta-analysis to evaluate the using online technology training program if it is effective for post-stroke patients Rehabilitation.
- ItemWorld War Zionism: A Necropolitical Study of the Jews in World War Z, State of Exception, and the Two Stages of Death(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Zeina Ali Hasan; Jamil KhaderBackground: Critics tackle how zombie literature, in general, portrays refugees, reflecting political anxieties, fears of elimination, and contagion. They also focus on analyzing the depiction of Palestinians in the World War Z’ movie and novel. However, none of the critics address the representation of the intra-ethnic Jewish conflict within the novel. By portraying the Palestinian community as unified with the Israeli one in the New State of Unified Palestine, Max Brooks manages to undermine the socio-political dimensions of the Palestinian struggle as well as the anti-Semite dimensions of Zionism.
- ItemQuantifiable Structured Clinical Diagnosis for Psychiatry: An Integration of Machine Learning and Cloud Computing Approaches to Achieve Scalability(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Laith Azzam Ayasa; Matthew Toegel; Joman Y. Natsheh; Mohmmad M. HerzallahBackground: Current diagnostic systems for psychiatric disorders suffer many limitations that hinder their applicability. The diagnosis of psychiatric disorders is exclusively conducted by clinicians using lengthy interviews that lack sensitivity and specificity. According to recent clinical trials, only a fraction of patients with psychiatric disorders respond to initial treatment with psychometric medications or psychotherapy. Unfortunately, clinicians cannot predict, a priori, who will or will not respond to treatment. If, however, a simple computer-based system utilizing multidimensional symptom expression could diagnose patients with psychiatric disorders and differentiate those who are, or are not, likely to respond to treatment, this would provide immediate clinical relevance.
- ItemThe Effects of Naturally-Occurring Interactions of Dopamine Vs. Serotonin Levels on Reinforcement Learning in Healthy Individuals(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Haneen H. Sharabati; Mohammad M. HerzallahBackground: The neuromodulators dopamine and serotonin play key roles in reinforcement learning. While dopamine modulates positive feedback processing, serotonin facilitates aversive learning and behavioral inhibition. The dopamine transporter (DAT), coded by the DAT1 gene, regulates synaptic dopamine levels in the brain is. DAT1 exhibits a naturally-occurring variable number of tandem repeats polymorphism (VNTR) in its 3’ untranslated region (3’-UTR). Similarly, the serotonin transporter (SERT) controls synaptic serotonin levels in the brain. SERT is coded by the SLC6A4 gene that has a polyadenylation polymorphism influencing the balance of two polyadenylation forms of SERT in the brain (STPP).
- Itemسيميائية شخصية البطل في رواية القوقعة(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) منار سميح قراقع; زين العابدين العواودةالخلفية: تنبع خلفية الدراسة في تحليل وقراءة شخصيات رواية القوقعة وإبراز علامات حضورها على مستوى اشتغال النص في بنيته العميقة والسطحية، وارتباط الشخصية بوظائفها السردية ودراسة أفعالها وسلوكياتها ضمن البنية المكانية في الرواية ،إن مفهوم القوقعة يدرس أيضا الجانب الوطني ورفض الظلم والاستبداد وانفعالية الشخصيات وإبراز مواقفها على مستوى داخلي وخارجي
- ItemPrevalence, Knowledge, Attitude and Management of Diabetic Gastroparesis- Related Symptoms- among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients in the West Bank: A Preliminary Cross-Sectional Study(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Diya Asad; Qusai Zreqat; Shahd Idais; Bara'ah M.Huseein; Hussein HallakBackground: Diabetic Gastroparesis (DGP) is a serious well-known complication, yet with limited studies on its prevalence and management. This study is the first in Palestine aimed to determine the prevalence of DGP, its associated symptoms and possible risk factors.
- ItemDopamine Genetic Scores Modulate Positive Reinforcement Learning in Healthy Undergraduates(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Yasmin Arda; Anfal A. Abu Hilal; Mohammad M. HerzallahBackground: Dopamine has been implicated in modulating reinforcement learning from positive and negative feedback. Enhanced dopamine levels are linked to better learning from positive feedback, whereas decreased dopamine mediates learning from negative feedback. Naturally-occurring variations in dopamine genes contribute to individual differences in reinforcement learning. Dopamine exerts its actions via proteins located pre- (D2 receptors), within- (transporter), and post-synaptically (D1 and D2 receptors) to regulate dopaminergic function.
- ItemTreatment Autism Spectrum Disease by Cannabis(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Dania Ibraheem; Mahmoud AL Hmamreh; Maysa NabulsiIntroduction: About 1-2 out of 160 people are affected by autism in the world, meaning that the percentage of people with autism in the world is 1%. In light of this huge number of people with autism every year, new ways are being tried to reduce the symptoms of this disease.
- ItemVitamin B12 Status among Chronic Kidney Disease Patients in Gaza Strip(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Huda Sami; Abu Dalal; Khitam Esam El-Zomarah; Reem Mahmoud J'arour; Ahmad Soliman Al- Shorafa; Atef Masad; Faten ElianBackground: In the world, chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a rising health burden, with an estimated 20 million people affected. CKD is characterized as either a prolonged decrease in kidney function with a rate of glomerular filtration below 60 ml/min/1.73 mt2 or evidence of damage to the kidneys. The key factor contributing to chronic renal failure (CRF) anemia is the lack of erythropoietin, iron deficiency and reduced red cell lifespan. Nutritional deficiency, vegetarian diet, or deranged vitamin metabolism are another possibility in uremic patients.
- Itemالمشاريع الصغيرة ودورها في تعزيز مكانة المرأة في المجتمع(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) ليليان طارق عمرو; عبير رشدي قنيبيالخلفية: تشكل المشاريع الصغيرة موردا مهما في الاقتصاد الوطني من خلال مساهمتها في تغطية احتياجات السوق وفي الناتج المحلي الإجمالي، وتقليل نسب البطالة لاستيعابها للأيدي العاملة الفلسطينية وتعتبر المشاريع الصغيرة فرصة لتوفير مصدر دخل خاصة لذوي الدخل المتدني. وقد تم تسليط الضوء عليها حديثا نظرا لاستغلال المرأة لحاجة المجتمع التنموية فعملت على ابراز دورها في ابتكار المشاريع الصغيرة من العدم والعمل بها وادارتها على مستوى معين. كما أن المشاريع الصغيرة هي فرصة تساعد المرأة في الاعتماد على نفسها ماديا ومعنويا واثبات ذاتها في المجتمع وزيادة ثقتها بنفسها وهي فضاء يُطلق العنان لإبداعات المرأة وابتكاراتها ويُعينها في قضاء حاجاتها بنفسها
- ItemInfluence of COVID-19 on lifestyle behaviors in the Middle East and North Africa Region: a survey of 5896 individuals Open Access Journal of Translational Medicine(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Afnan W. M. Jobran; Mohamed Abouzid; Dina M. El‐Sherif; Nael Kamel Eltewacy; Nesrine Ben; Hadj Dahman; Salah A. Okasha; Sherief Ghozy; Sheikh Mohammed Shariful Islam; Nael Kamel EltewacyBackground: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has affected health and lifestyle behaviors of people globally.This project aims to identify the impact of COVID-19 on lifestyle behavior of individuals in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region during confinement.
- ItemThe Prediction of the Size of the Femoral Component used in Knee Replacement Surgery in Relation to Patient’s Height, Weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), Gender, and Age(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Sereen Ahmed Halayqeh; Mai Ali Al-Fayyadh; Jihad Al-AjlouniBackground: Degenerative knee osteoarthritis is a common medical condition worldwide. Recent research projects proved that Total knee Replacement (TKR) is a successful surgery for treating osteoarthritis after failure of non-surgical interventions to restore the function of the joint and improve patient’s quality of life.
- ItemSymptom Variability in Medication-Naïve Patients with Major Depressive Disorder as a Proxy to Predict Response to Treatment(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Rosaline Abu Sabbah; Abdul-Rahman S. Sawalma; Mohmmad M. HerzallahBackground: Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) is characterized by episodes of low mood and loss of interest for two or more consecutive weeks. It is considered to be the leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Only 30% of patients with MDD achieve full remission after treatment with antidepressants, psychotherapy or neuromodulation. It is unknown whether response to treatment depends on the baseline expression of MDD symptoms among patients.
- ItemSix Passengers(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Tala Salem; Laura Menchaca RuizObjectives: My project illustrates the struggles of Palestinian students caused by the Israeli occupation. Palestinian students in every Palestinian university are affected by the Israeli occupation during their educational journey. The struggle never ends, and no matter how small it may seem at times, it exists and it builds up over time in the student’s life. My project aims to portray this to my target audience, which is everyone, Palestinians and foreigners, to tell a story and to inspire, to archive and to resist.
- ItemCovid-19 Vaccine Hesitancy among Palestinians(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Lama Diriyeh; Yazan Hussien; Reem LadadwaBackground: In the context of COVID-19 global pandemic, vaccines are one of the effective measures to control the effects of the virus. Vaccine Hesitancy is one of the underlying issues facing vaccinations and refers to “a delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccines despite availability.” It can stem from many factors such as marginalization and social exclusion, negative experiences at health services, or misinformation about vaccines circulated on unregulated social media platforms. This issue is complex and depends on economic and socio-cultural factors and shapes our health and clinical situation and should thus be further studied and examined.