Health and Health Professions
Permanent URI for this collection
- ItemVitamin B12 Status among Chronic Kidney Disease Patients in Gaza Strip(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Huda Sami; Abu Dalal; Khitam Esam El-Zomarah; Reem Mahmoud J'arour; Ahmad Soliman Al- Shorafa; Atef Masad; Faten ElianBackground: In the world, chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a rising health burden, with an estimated 20 million people affected. CKD is characterized as either a prolonged decrease in kidney function with a rate of glomerular filtration below 60 ml/min/1.73 mt2 or evidence of damage to the kidneys. The key factor contributing to chronic renal failure (CRF) anemia is the lack of erythropoietin, iron deficiency and reduced red cell lifespan. Nutritional deficiency, vegetarian diet, or deranged vitamin metabolism are another possibility in uremic patients.
- ItemThe Correlation between Physical Activity (or Being Physically Active) and Pain, Activities of Daily Living, and Participation among Postpartum Women Who Underwent Cesarean Delivery(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Georgina Rizqallah; Hadeel Raya; Marwa Issa; Sawsan Aliyan; Mayra Handal; Alice Mattar; Manar JaberBackground: During Post C-Section, postpartum women's experience a decline in the physical activity (PA) level due to insufficient pain control or excessive sedation, Pre and postpartum complications can be increased in the physically inactive women that may interfere with their daily activities and participation and with their quality of life. Thus, efficient strategies to increase or maintain PA level in the pre and postpartum period are warranted.
- ItemEffectiveness of Using Online Technology Training Program for Post-Stroke Patients Rehabilitation(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Bara’ah Eyad Ali; Marah Husam Al-Najar; Samia Othman Abu Herbed; Rola Mohammad Omar; Mohammad KraizemBackground: The high incidence of stroke makes it one of the most important causes of adult disability, it also causes sensory, motor, cognitive, and visual impairments and restricts performance of activities of daily living. In the field of post-stroke rehabilitation, an innovative online technology training program has been widely used in post-stroke rehabilitation, whose effectiveness and safety have been widely verified. To date, however, there are few studies evaluating the effect of immersive online technology training program on post-stroke rehabilitation. This study outlines the application efficacy of immersive online technology training program rehabilitation of stroke patients at home. Objectives: The aim of this study was to perform a meta-analysis to evaluate the using online technology training program if it is effective for post-stroke patients Rehabilitation.
- ItemCorrelations Between Degree Of Myopia, Axial Length, Anterior Chamber Depth, Central Corneal Thickness, Corneal Diameter And Corneal Power(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Ayat Sufian Mohammed Abu Jazar; Heba Moshtaha, Sarah Atallah; Israa Kuhail; Yara Ayoub; Mohammed AlJaroushaBackground: Myopia is a serious public health problem which appears due to inconsistent contributions of ocular components which includes (corneal power, anterior chamber depth, lens power, and axial length) to overall eye structures. Refractive components of the anterior segment of myopic eyes were unable to recover exaggerated development of the posterior segment during the emmetropization process. Therefore, parallel rays of light are brought to focus in front of the retina. It is also commonly known as nearsightedness. There are three types of myopia, mild, moderate, and severe. Myopia is a widespread type of refractive errors across the globe.
- ItemAssessment of Breast Cancer Diagnosis Process at Gaza Strip(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Reem Omar Yousef Alayan; Haneh Naeem Al Kahlout; Atef Masa’d MadinaBackground: Breast cancer is the most frequent cancer in women worldwide, with an estimated one million new cases diagnosed each year and it is considered as the largest cancer-related cause of death among women worldwide.