Now showing 1 - 5 of 10
- ItemSurgical Resection of a Giant Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma with Sternal Metastasis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature(Deanship of Scientific Research/ Al-Quds University, 2023-03-08) Raghad Sweity; Fahmi Jubran; Izzeddin A. Bakri; Sami Bannoura; Yousef Abu AsbehBackground: Papillary thyroid carcinoma is a differentiated form of thyroid carcinoma and the most common malignant thyroid cancer. It is characterized by indolent biological behavior and slow growth, with only a few cases reporting sternal metastasis. This study aims at reporting a rare case of huge papillary thyroid carcinoma that presented with sternal metastasis, with a review of the relevant literature.
- ItemSuperior Glenohumeral Joint Injection; Accuracy, Needle length, And Association with BMI(Deanship of Scientific Research/ Al-Quds University, 2023-03-08)Background: Glenohumeral joint (GHJ) injection is a common orthopedic procedure. Various approaches are documented in the literature to access the GHJ. Shoulder injections are used to treat a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, adhesive capsulitis, and rotator cuff pain. However, the inaccuracy of steroid injection placement has been reported in the literature and found to have a significant effect on the clinical outcome.
- ItemStapler-Less Uniportal Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery: Case Series and Review of the Literature(Deanship of Scientific Research/ Al-Quds University, 2023-03-08) Rawan Ayyad; Alaa Ayyad; Raghad Sweity; Mayar Idkedek; Firas Abu AkarBackground: With the world's trend towards minimally invasive surgical techniques, video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) is now a well-established technique worldwide. Mechanical stapling is routinely employed for bronchial and pulmonary vasculature sealing and ligation during anatomical lung resection. The use of staplers is associated with high operating costs, bleeding, reopening and infections. This high stapler cost affected the spread and use of VATS in less developed countries where staplers can’t be afforded. In this study, we demonstrate the feasibility and outcomes from the first case series of uniportal VATS lobectomies and segmentectomies without the use of a stapler.
- ItemSignificance of Peri-Operative Urinary Catheterization in Neck of Femur Fractures: A Literature Review(Deanship of Scientific Research/ Al-Quds University, 2023-03-08) Ala Awad; Sewar A. Elejla; Khadeeja Fanoun; Bayan F. Alqtishat; Khaled YaghmourBackground: Neck of femur (NOF) fractures are one of the most commonly encountered fractures in orthopedics with established high morbidity and mortality. The surgical management of NOF fractures requires a thorough perioperative assessment to improve overall outcomes.
- ItemPerioperative management of a Glanzmann thrombasthenia patient undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery: A case report(Deanship of Scientific Research/ Al-Quds University, 2023-03-08) Bayan F. Alqtishat; Ruba Salameh; Hasan Hajjaj; Nizar AwwadBackground: Glanzmann thrombasthenia is a rare bleeding disorder caused by defective platelet aggregation and characterized by mucocutaneous bleeding: recurrent untriggered episodes of epistaxis and gingival bleeding. Glanzmann thrombasthenia is known for its’ clinical variability in signs and symptoms, ranging from easy bruising to fatal hemorrhages. While mild cases are managed conservatively, platelet transfusion is needed for more severe cases. This is the first case reporting a patient with Glanzmann thrombasthenia undergoing an off-pump fashion coronary artery bypass graft surgery; with minimal platelets transfusion required.