Now showing 1 - 5 of 7
- ItemA Retrospective Assessment of Drug Dose Adjustment and Drug-Drug Interaction (DDI) for Patients with Kidney Failure in Palestine Governmental Hospitals- Dialysis Department(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Hadeel K. Salameh; Hussein HallakBackground: The study is conducted in order to assess both DDI and dose adjustment for patients with kidney failure. It’s a retrospective cross-sectional observational study. The data was collected from Palestine governmental hospitals, it included 101 patients, and contains the history of drugs prescribed during six months (between 1 August 2022, to 31 January 2023). The data was analyzed and the assessment of DDI and dose adjustment were done using official guidelines and references.
- ItemAssessment of Palestinian Pharmacists Knowledge Concerning Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Haya Sobh; Aseel Mhana; Aseel Ghayadah; Rania GhanimBackground: Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is characterized by decrease in kidney function. CKD is a public health problem with an increasing incidence and prevalence, poor outcomes and high cost.
- ItemAssessment of The Incidence of Paracetamol Poisoning and The Availability of Its Antidote N-Acetylcysteine (Nac) In Certain Hospitals in The Palestinian Occupied Areas and West Bank: A Cross Sectional Study(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Duaa shibli; Baraah hassanien; Shireen Sharabati; Maisa NabulsiIntroduction: Analgesics are the most commonly prescribed medications in the world (1). Among them, Paracetamol is known to be not only highly dispensed but also, the safest pain killer for all patients regardless of their age (2). Despite the fact that it is safe and possesses a wide therapeutic window, still toxicity with Paracetamol is a global concern, for example , in USA, there are over 100,000 cases annually (3) , whereas in Israel , the substance that cause most of the poisoning cases is Paracetamol its over 1352 cases annually (6) (4). In Palestine, there is usually a lack of data, according to our knowledge, the latest research dated back to 2012(5).
- ItemIdentification of Pathogenic Contamination of Shared Cosmetic Preparations and Tools(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Mays Maraqa; Sundus Abu Afefeh; Loay Al-Natsheh; Zaid Joulani; Seema FallahBackground: Women tend to share cosmetics and makeup tools on the personal level and in beauty salons and centers. Despite the antimicrobial and preservative content present in cosmetic preparations and tools in addition to well-presented expiry, several studies confirmed various microbial growth in opened and used cosmetic preparations and tools. This is essential to raise awareness about the pathological impact of sharing cosmetic preparations and tools on the health of Palestinian women.
- ItemKnowledge of the Palestinian Final Year Students in the Medical Complex Regarding Drug Induced Ototoxicity: Cross Sectional Study(Al-Quds University - Deanship of Scientific Research, 2023-05-16) Aseel Bader; Dareen Totah; Sabreen Halawani; Rania Ghanem.Background: Ototoxicity is the tendency of certain substances, which are administered either in a systemic or topical manner, to cause functional impairment and cellular damage to the tissue of the inner ear, especially to the end organs of the cochlear and vestibular divisions of the eighth cranial nerve. It is therefore important that healthcare professionals and prescribers are able to identify and understand such medications and their effects to ensure effective patient care.