Permanent URI for this collection
Now showing 1 - 5 of 9
- ItemThe Prediction of the Size of the Femoral Component used in Knee Replacement Surgery in Relation to Patient’s Height, Weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), Gender, and Age(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Sereen Ahmed Halayqeh; Mai Ali Al-Fayyadh; Jihad Al-AjlouniBackground: Degenerative knee osteoarthritis is a common medical condition worldwide. Recent research projects proved that Total knee Replacement (TKR) is a successful surgery for treating osteoarthritis after failure of non-surgical interventions to restore the function of the joint and improve patient’s quality of life.
- ItemPrevalence, Knowledge, Attitude and Management of Diabetic Gastroparesis- Related Symptoms- among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients in the West Bank: A Preliminary Cross-Sectional Study(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Diya Asad; Qusai Zreqat; Shahd Idais; Bara'ah M.Huseein; Hussein HallakBackground: Diabetic Gastroparesis (DGP) is a serious well-known complication, yet with limited studies on its prevalence and management. This study is the first in Palestine aimed to determine the prevalence of DGP, its associated symptoms and possible risk factors.
- ItemPrevalence of Preoperative Anxiety among Hospitalized Patients in Palestine: A study of associated factors(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Ramzi Shawahna; Marah Tebi; Nada Al-Sayed Ahmed; Mohammad Jaber; Maen OwaiwiBackground: Preoperative anxiety is a health concern among patients scheduled for surgical interventions. Little is known about the prevalence of preoperative anxiety and its associated factors among hospitalized patients in Palestine. This study was conducted to assess the prevalence of preoperative anxiety among patients scheduled for surgical interventions in different Palestinian hospitals across the West Bank and identify its associated factors.
- ItemMore than Seizure: Central Auditory Dysfunction in children with Benign epilepsy with central-midtemporal spikes (BECTS) and Temporal lobe epilepsy: Is there a relation? A systematic review(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Narmeen Sameer Tourman; Amenah Dab'e; Samar KhalidiBackground: Epilepsy is the most common childhood neurological disorder, which has various consequences on the life of the affected people. A few studies investigate these effects on the central auditory system.
- ItemMissed Opportunities in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Iron Deficiency Anemia in Emergency Departments of Governmental Hospitals” Clinical Audit(Al-Quds University, Deanship of Scientific Research, 2022-05-11) Raghad Abd Allateef Lahlooh; Treq Salah Jarrar; Hatem KhammashBackground: Iron Deficiency Anemia (IDA) is the most common anemia in pediatrics globally. Children from poor socioeconomic status families and whose mothers were iron-deficient during pregnancy are at a higher risk. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), Anemia affects around half of all preschool-aged children globally. IDA is a critical health factor for their motor and neurodevelopment. And since the majority of cases are asymptomatic, this puts the responsibility on healthcare workers to diagnose and treat it. Previous studies stated that it is unknown how many newborns and children are getting checked as recommended. Screening does not take place due to high cost and young’s discomfort from blood tests. Infants and children with infectious diseases visit emergency departments, and a large percent of them have a Complete Blood Count (CBC). This is an excellent opportunity to screen for anemia. However, physicians are likely to be mainly concerned with the white cell count.